Teeth whitening is a process of removing stains from the tooth surface and restoring the natural color of the teeth. Whitening is a one-time procedure performed by a dentist. It is amongst the most common and widely adopted cosmetic procedure. With the advent of the latest Dental technology, we have advanced whitening treatment procedures which give reliable and long-lasting results.
Teeth whitening lightens teeth and helps to remove stains and discoloration. Whitening is among the most popular cosmetic dental procedures because it can greatly improve how your teeth look. Most dentists perform tooth whitening.
There are two main types of whitening procedures. Vital whitening is performed on teeth that have live nerves. Non-vital whitening is done on a tooth that has had root-canal treatment and no longer has a live nerve
Whitening is not a one-time procedure. It will need to be repeated from time to time if you want to maintain the brighter color.
To help you make an educated decision regarding teeth whitening, here are some of the pros and cons of this procedure:
- Helps improve your smile and your appearance
- Boosts a person’s self esteem
- Helps make you look younger
- You have to avoid certain foods and drinks to keep your teeth whiter for longer
- Maintenance is actually required when you have your teeth whitened
- You may suffer from sore gums and teeth